and Bring & Brag
Scrappy Ladies Quilt Guild
MINUTES – November 13, 2023
Call to Order by President Carolyn Baker at 10:07a.
There are 34 members in attendance, and one guest – Judy Case (our speaker).
Minutes of the October Meeting are Approved as published.
Treasurer's Report –
- Balance at the end of October is $2,546 (includes 4 memberships for paid for 2024).
- $1000 unspent remaining in the 2023 Budget.
Raffle Account –
- Balance is $2,779.64.
- VFC Craft Show last weekend – cleared $8.00. Show was not well-publicized and not well attended.
- Craft Show, 12/2-3 (Sat-Sun) 10:00a-4:00p at Walsenburg Mercantile (904 Russell St.).
- Another Show, planned for 12/16-17, will be after our raffle drawing. We will not have our new license number so will not be ready to sell tickets for the 2024 quilt. Also, the fee for a vendor table is $65.
- Drawing for the winner of our current quilt will be at our December meeting – 12/11.
Christmas Party –
- Will be a catered luncheon.
- Cost is $15/person – due today. If you don't have money today, please at least let Sara or Deb know you plan to come – they need a headcount for the caterer.
- There will be games and prizes.
- There is no gift exchange this year, and we will not play Bingo.
- Nancy is collecting Dues for 2024 membership today. Dues remain at $20.
November Birthdays –
- Patty Corsentino (Nov. 17), Carol Clark (Nov. 18), and Robyn Whetsel (Nov. 25).
- Janet Behringer will turn 90 yrs old on December 4th! Birthday card today – please sign.
- Fleece blankets brought today – we should have enough for all the children.
- Thank You everyone, for participating in this gift for the Walsenburg Youth Center.
- Date for delivery of the blankets has not yet been set, and the date for their Christmas party is unknown. We will share these dates when they become available.
- A cabinet with our guild library is in an adjacent room. We will try to get a rolling dolly to be able to move it into our meeting room for guild meetings.
- Sara would appreciate suggestions for topics on which she should look for books.
- Today – Trunk Show with Judy Case. She will also demo different ways to do binding.
- January – Swap Meet. Fabric will be available for purchase @ $2/yd. Tommi's husband has donated fabric from her stash. Guild members can also signup for table space (free) to display fabric/notions/accessories for exchange with others.
- February – Sew Day. Also, How To Make a T-shirt Quilt.
- March – What Makes a Perfect Quilt?
- April – program by Cheri – a surprise. In preparation, members should choose three different colors and bring strips of fabric in those colors. Min 6" wide x 18" long (or larger).
- Procrastinator's Craft Sale, Saturday, Dec. 16th, 9:00a – 1:00p., at St. Aloysius church in Rye. Annual Cookie Walk is the same day, at the Methodist church in Rye.
- The Mennonite Quilt Auction in Rocky Ford was held a couple weeks ago. The highest bid was $4000. Next year this annual fundraiser will be located in Castle Rock.
- John Grimes is here today to sharpen our scissors and knives. All scissors (yes, including pinking shears!) are $5 each, and knives are $0.35/inch. Basic machine cleaning is $89.
John Grimes 719-545-8337, or 719-250-0472 (cell)
3102 High Street, Pueblo
Scissors and Knife Sharpening, Sewing Machine Repair
Mentioned today by Judy Case –
- Renaissance Ribbons -- https://renaissanceribbons.com Good quality ribbons, kits, kit clubs, supplies
- ByAnnie -- https://www.byannie.com patterns, kits *Judy's tote & insert for her tools: Take A Stand, Running With Scissors
- Pink Door Fabrics -- https://www.pinkdoorfabrics.com
- Pine Needles/McKenna Ryan - https://www.pineneedles.com